FOTR is a private, not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization incorporated to preserve and protect the unique alpine and sub-alpine eastern slopes of Mount Washington, NH. We work in close partnership with the US Forest Service to sustain the traditional uses of this distinctive area.
Current activities and focus includes:
- Financial support for trails & backcountry programs within the Cutler River Drainage (CRD) area including volunteer trail maintenance & site rehabilitation and financial support for USFS program operations, supplies, & contracts
- Field volunteer support for USFS backcountry patrol program within the CRD supporting visitor information & education activities
- Assist in fundraising campaigns for capital projects identified by the USFS
- Support the membership & fundraising efforts of collaborating groups including:
- Financial support for the Mount Washington Avalanche Center, including general program supplies, first aid, search & rescue supplies, program infrastructure, and other items to benefit the USFS Snow Ranger program and general avalanche/snow safety including search and rescue missions.
Click here to see Other Partners that help make it all happen