Wild Corn! A celebration of our staple crop! Corn snow!
BUY TICKETS HERE
We are super excited to be working with Granite Backcountry Alliance to help them launch this event to announce several glade skiing projects in the states of NH and ME and join different trail groups from across the northeast for one night of shindiggery goodness!!
There will be several guest speakers including the keynote speaker and godfather of northeast b/c skiing David Goodman (author of Appalachian Mountain Club's Best Backcountry Skiing in the Northeast). David will discuss the issues related with trail disclosure, secret stashes, the 4th edition, and changes in backcountry skiing since his first book in 1989.
Liz Burakowski from Protect Our Winters will be talking about this wacky winter and what it means for GBA's glading projects and winter recreation in the future!
Music from BlueBus Semimobile Orchestra and plenty of appetizors, vendors, raffles, auctions and FUN! More to come and hopefully a few surprises too!
Tickets: $10 (available on eventbrite) / $15 at door!
CASH BAR | Food a la carte
- High Alpine Level: SCARPA, Flylow Gear, DPS SKIS, Helly Hansen, Wild Northeast, Backcountry Magazine, Ski Chic-Chocs, Fischer, Ragged Mountain Equipment
- Treeline Level: Backcountry Access, Inc., Patagonia, Osprey Packs, Cranmore Mountain Resort,
- Glade Level: Chalmers Insurance Group, Hancock Lumber Company, ReVision Energy, Backcountry Magazine, Town & Country Resort Hotel, Voile
- Hut Level: Julbo USA, GrandyOats, Carrabassett Valley Academy, Smith Optics
- 5-7pm: Back-pres! Mingle with land managers, trail organizations, vendors, fellow skiers and riders, and more! BBQ, live music (Bear Mountain Band)
- 6-6:30pm: Wild Corn Invitational Rando Race (tentative with snow) at the base of Cranmore Mountain. Watch a dozen elite new england racers move faster than your eye twitch in an exhibition rando race to establish the true corn star of the bunch!
7-8pm: Keynote Speakers!
- Liz Burakowksi, Protect Our Winters
- David Goodman, author of Best Backcountry Skiing in the Northeast - the GODFATHER of NORTHEAST BACKCOUNTRY!
- 8-10pm: BlueBus Semimobile Orchestra live on stage!!!
Raffles, Auctions, etc - all throughout the night!
1 Skimobile Rd
North Conway, NH 03860
Google map and directions